Lead BI Engineer @ All Your BI
All Your BI. Call us a 'data club', 'business intelligence agency' or a bunch of creative data nerds, we all are. There's nothing we love more than solving complex data puzzles and creating the WOW!-effect with spot-on analytics. That twinkle in the eyes of users when seeing new insights and discovering new opportunities is what we aim for.
We would like to get in touch with you as a lead engineer, lead developer, architect or a job title that suits you even better. The most important thing to say is that you will become an important part of the BI Development Team with us. For convenience, we use 'lead developer' and in that role we would like to empower you. To achieve that, you obviously need some things from us:
Enjoy your work. Something we want to achieve with, among other things, project-based work for (international) clients. Think of 65 separate projects that have to 'rhyme' to become one, the development of our own tool for building data warehouses faster, but also the construction of an application to which organizations in the financial sector can connect their administrations and adjust their processes themselves so that everything is clearly visible. Ofcourse, this requires the right tools:
Technology and tools. As a specialist in your field, you have already seen a lot of technology and tooling and you now know what works and when. Although we certainly do not reject 'old school', we certainly also like to work 'new school'. Overall, the focus is on Microsoft stack and more precisely you have to think of the use of Azure, Dremio, Azure SQL, Databricks, Python, ADF and Power BI. As a lead and driving force, you obviously have a lot to say about the choice within a project.
The title says 'lead' for a reason and of course there is a lot involved. A strong technical background is definitely an important part, but being able to bear the (final) responsibility for (technical) solutions and results, being able to join a sales process and 'sell' a technical solution, being able to translate to non-techies, propagate a long-term vision and manage a team in good communication skills, are qualities that are essential for us. We also think that for this role it's essential that you already live in the Netherlands, so 'willing to move to the Netherlands' is not an option at the moment.
Great and challenging work, for which you will of course get something in return:
The terms and conditions of employment, equally point-by-point:
- A salary between € 5600,- and € 7000,- (depending on knowledge and experience), 8% holiday pay comes on top of that.
- Excellent pension plan
- 25 vacation days
- €5.000,- annual development budget
- €500,- home office budget
- Work in the office, from home or a combination of these. As long as we can tell you in person about all our plans during our 'quarterlies' and you are in the same timezone, you decide where you work from.
- Are you missing something? Let us know and we will look at the possibilities together with you.
At All Your BI we have an entrepreneurial character, we all want to move forward and we believe that we should all benefit from the successes that this method produces. This means that we are a cooperation in which you have control over the strategy of All Your BI, you can implement your own fantastic ideas and you can and may go for opportunities that arise. And with your entrepreneurial character, you're probably already working on the next steps...
What's next? We have 4 steps:
1. We understand that if you are interested, you would like to know quickly where you stand and that is what we are going for. Our goal is to present you with an excellent offer within three weeks, and we value maintaining an efficient pace. Regardless, we'll promptly reach out to you as soon as we receive your expression of interest. This way we can immediately answer some first questions and we keep it nice and personal.
2. In case of mutual interest, an introduction to Ruben Monster, one of the founders, quickly follows in an online conversation. We're interested in your past work experiences, but more importantly, we're keen to understand your aspirations and ambitions. This conversation is also an ideal opportunity for any questions you may have.
3. Together with 2 senior colleagues you will go deeper into the work you have done and how you have solved certain challenges. We would like to see some work from you and hear why you have chosen a certain method. If you visit us in person, you can also meet the other teammembers.
4. Do you like us? Then we're at the end! The offer is on the table and we will of course go through it together.
One more thing. Are you interested? Please press the 'Apply' button and send us your 'data' and we will contact you as soon as possible. Feel free to let us know your coffee or tea preferences for when we have a personal introduction at the office.
We'd love to hear from you!